“ What should I expect on the verbal and numerical reasoning test? ”

Amy W. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Poppy G. Police Officer, Hertfordshire Constabulary

20/08/2018
I can’t find any info online and I would like to prepare more
21/08/2018
Graduate Recruitment Assistant Manager, Police Now

Hi there, thanks for the question! We’ll need you to complete two ability tests – one that will consider your numerical skill and the other to check your verbal ability. These are online and you will have a few days to complete each exercise so you can take them in your own time and in the comfort of your own home. There is no time limit per question but your time taken will be monitored and reflected in your results. Once you start you must complete both exercises in one session. It helps to find a quiet place with no disturbances and make the most of the practice questions. Good luck!

21/08/2018
Amy W.

What type of questions are on the numeracy assessment ?

22/08/2018
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator, Police Now

Hi Amy,
To get a better idea of what types of questions are on the numerical reasoning test, we'd recommend that you look into trying some practice questions which you can find on the website of our test provider, Capp, here: practice.cappassessments.com/Nrt/NrtPage…  Hope that helps!

Police Now

Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public’s confidence in policing, by recruiting and developing an outstanding and diverse group of individuals to be leaders in society and on the policing frontline.

In addition to the Police Now National Graduate Leadership programme we are committed to contributing to the development of policing in the UK and to supporting the many thousands of dedicated police officers across the country to enable them to deliver the very best service to the public.

Visit website