“ Why am I unable to select the Greater Manchester police force (detective programme)? ”

Anna A. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Mahfuz C. Graduate Recruitment Officer, Police Now

23/04/2019
Yesterday I tried to apply for the Police Now detective programme however it will not let me choose the Greater Manchester police force. Why is this as the deadline to apply has yet to pass? Also if I am unable to apply for that force, when will be the best time to apply through this programme? Lastly, I am currently a postgraduate student but I have been working since 2016, part time during term time and full time during the summer holidays, will this amount to two years work experience?
23/04/2019
Marketing Officer, Police Now

Hi Anna, thank you for your questions. Applications have been closing on a first-come-first serve basis. Greater Manchester Police is closed for further applications. This is our pilot intake of our programme and we cannot confirm when we will be accepting applications again at this stage or which forces will be involved in the future. We recommend that you apply as early as possible if the programme is running next year. In regards to work experience, we are looking for the equivalent of two years? full-time paid employment outside of education and work experience both before and after university will be considered to meet this two years? requirement. I hope this is helpful.

Police Now

Police Now’s mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public’s confidence in policing, by recruiting and developing an outstanding and diverse group of individuals to be leaders in society and on the policing frontline.

In addition to the Police Now National Graduate Leadership programme we are committed to contributing to the development of policing in the UK and to supporting the many thousands of dedicated police officers across the country to enable them to deliver the very best service to the public.

Visit website